Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First Love

Promise of the Day:
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free Spirit.
(Psalm 51:12)

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
This verse reminds me of Revelation 2:4 where the church of Ephesus is told they had left their 'first love'. They had left that first excitement of being in love, the giddiness, the desire to tell the world. And Lord, I believe the Psalmist is asking for this joy, this excitement, to be restored. I, too, pray this prayer, Lord. Remove the scales from my eyes that I might see You, let me feel the touch of Your presence. Another Psalm comes to mind, in 16:11 where it states "In thy presence is fullness of joy..." I call Your name often, as just this simple act is a reassurance of Your closeness and gives me a sense of knowing You are near. In You there are "pleasures forevermore." Amen

No comments: