Monday, November 3, 2008

The Adversary

Promise of the Day:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (I Peter 5:8)

Prayer:
My Lord,
I do not care to dwell on the enemy, but we know we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Satan. He is always around looking for cracks in the armour, loop holes or the Achilles heel. I do like to dwell on the thoughts and promises that You have overcome this world. Through You I can have the victory. You have given me the full armour of God to protect me, with the Sword of the Spirit, Your Word, being the most useful in battle. May I keep Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You! Thy Word, O Lord, is a light to my path and a lamp to my feet. It is also a quick way to cause the enemy to flee. Amen

No comments: