Monday, September 1, 2008

All Things New

Promise of the Day:
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (II Corinthians 5:17)

Prayer:
O Lord, You make all things new. You made me a new creation when I believed in You. You bring beauty out of the ashes; You can cause sorrow to turn into joy, peace from pain; quietness out of chaos. In Isaiah 61:3 it puts it this way: "A garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting..." Isaiah 62:2 says that I will be called by a new name, and this is repeated in Revelation 2:17. So Lord, You not only make me a new creation, but everything about me will be new, including my home with You in Glory. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Amen

No comments: