Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sing to the Lord!

Promise of the Day:
Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth. (Psalm 33:3,4)

Prayer:
Jesus, my Lord, I adore You. Perhaps this is why I so love singing with our worship team at church every Sunday. It is my way of praising You and to 'sing unto Him a new song'. I not only get to do this for Sunday morning worship, but 2 other times as well as we practice the songs. There is nothing like being down in the spirit, and then to begin praising You in song. It lifts the spirit so high, I feel as though I could float. Praising You keeps my focus on You! Praise stimulates my faith, and praising You in a trial will help me see the goodness in that situation. In Psalm 22:3 it states that You 'inhabit my praises.' Another translation says that You are 'enthroned on my praises.' "Oh, that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" (Psalm 107:8) Amen

No comments: