Saturday, September 27, 2008

Created By God

Promise of the Day:
Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days (of my life) were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
(Psalm 139:16 Amp.)

Prayer:
Lord, this thought that You knew me when I was yet unformed in the womb, staggers my mind. Oh yes, I can see You knowing David maybe; Isaiah, I am sure; Moses, for sure; and for other 'greats' it makes sense, but me?! I have so few natural abilities, I can not write a poem, I can not paint a picture. I am not able to preach a sermon, or even speak to a group; but yet You knew me, You loved me, You have kept me in the hollow of Your hand. Sometimes my mind is overwhelmed with the thought of it. Verse 14 of Psalm 139 states: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well." You are the Life in me, O most Holy Lord!
Amen

No comments: