Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When Faith Fails

Promise of the Day:
"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." (Mark 9:24)

Prayer:
O Lord, how often I have said "help thou my unbelief". Yet we are told by Paul in Galatians that it is by "Your faith" that I have life. All I have to do when I feel weak and helpless and lacking in faith, is to lean heavily on You. Being God, You have an attribute of 'faithfulness'. I do not need to keep striving for more faith, but to learn to just rest on You, my All-Faithful friend. In a book written by a saint over a hundred years ago, this statement was made: "The Lord Jesus received is holiness begun; The Lord Jesus cherished is holiness advancing; the Lord Jesus counted upon as never absent would be holiness complete..." This, Lord, is Faith. Amen

No comments: