Sunday, August 31, 2008

Faith

Promise of the Day:
Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
(John 20:29)

Prayer:
Dear Lord in whom I put my trust, Hebrews 11:1 is another verse which helps me to understand Faith: "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." When Peter walked on water he was fine as long as he knew he was going toward You, Jesus, and kept his confidence and faith in You. As soon as he removed his eyes from You he began to sink. My confidence is in You Lord, and You have promised if You have called me to something, You will see it through. You are so good to stand by me even when my faith is weak.
"I do not ask that He must prove
His Word is true to me,
And that before I can believe
He first must let me see.
It is enough for me to know
'Tis true because He says 'tis so;
On His unchanging Word I'll stand
And trust till I can understand."
(E.M. Winter)
Amen, so be it!

No comments: