Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dwell There

Promise of the Day:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, On a warm day, we often look for the shadows, shade of a rock or of a tree in order to be cooler. It is here in the shadow where we are revived, and we will find a resting place, a shelter from the blast of heat. Your Word states You cover me with Your feathers which brings to mind a mother hen covering her chicks so no harm will come. They are hidden from sight and sheltered from any onslaughts of an enemy. My enemy is Satan, but if I stay close to You, remain in Your shadow, he cannot touch me. My only safe place is to remain in the shelter or shadow of Your wings. Psalm 17:8 states: "Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings." Amen

No comments: