Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Mornings!

Promise of the Day:
Come up in the morning...and present thyself there to me
in the top of the mount. (Exodus 34:2)

Prayer:
For the past 8 or 9 years, Lord, I have made it a habit to spend at least an hour with You. O that I could say that I had done this for the past 50 years! But one cannot spend time weeping over the past. Paul says to forget the past. It is done, it cannot be changed. But we can press forward toward our goal. These years of a time each morning have been precious. A way of beginning each new day with You. A time to praise You and realize each new day brings me a day closer to You. Each morning I awake and know You are still with me and have watched over me all through the night; so I thank You for Your faithfulness. I look ahead without fear because I know You are in control and I can face each new bend in the road. I give You my heart, Lord. I give You my life, and I give You my day. Amen

No comments: