Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Do Not Understand

Promise of the Day:
What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this.
(John 13:7)

Prayer:
No, Lord, I do not understand why You had to suffer and die that we might have life; or why Your children are persecuted and have to suffer in this life. You could put a hedge around all Your children, but we would then become weak; we would not have learned how to use Your armor. You say in I Peter 4:13 that our suffering is working for us and will make us rejoice even more when we see Your glory. David said that before he was afflicted, he went astray. I know that all that comes my way is allowed for my good, and I pray I will not waste the trials You allow for me. I also know that nothing touches me that has not gone through You first. You have a design for me, and though I may not understand it, You will use it for my good. Thank You Lord for all You do for me even if I do not understand. Amen

No comments: