Monday, September 22, 2008

The Life-Giver

Promise of the Day:
When he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he...blessed, and brake the loaves...and they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.
(Mark 6:41-44)

Prayer:
You, dear Lord, are the 'life-giver'. You not only give me what I need, but You will take from me what I do not need. You have promised to help me carry my burdens, and that I should cast it all before You. In the New Testament, Paul likens our time on earth to a race that we must run to win. We could never run a race if we are encumbered with a heavy burden, or if we are weak from hunger. So You take the load, and then You fill me with Your 'bread of heaven'. Life giving nourishment from You to help me go singing and free on my way through this life. Thank You, Lord for supplying all my needs. Amen

No comments: