Saturday, September 13, 2008

Find Joy

Promise of the Day:
But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice:
let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them:
let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, Lord,
wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
(Psalm 5:11, 12 KJV)
Prayer:
As I was reading these verses, Lord, a thought came to my mind. Just as the priests first had to step into the river before you parted the water's of the Jordan, so I must lift my heart to You in a 'Sacrifice of Praise' to find the joy You give. I cannot expect to sit in misery and fear and then wonder why I don't have joy. I must keep my thoughts on You, and lift my heart to You, look at the roses, look for the silver lining, and Thank You for Your blessings and peace. Then I will experience Your joy.
Stay in tune with the Master.
He is your strength each day.
Lift your heart to Him in song,
And you shall then find joy.
(Unknown)
Amen

No comments: