Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bread of Heaven

Promise of the Day:
The bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. (John 6:33)

Prayer:
"I've a longing in my heart for Jesus." Just as we get hunger pains from lack of food, so my heart feels empty and aching when I don't get my morning time with You, My Lord. My heart longs for You, yea, thirsts for You. Just as a newborn must have nourishment to thrive, so my soul needs You to keep alive and healthy. This is why You are called the "bread"; You are the "Bread of Heaven". Feed me Lord, feed me till I want no more. Fill my cup, Lord. As Jabez said, "bless me, bless me indeed O Lord." It has been said that the hunger of our souls and the longing of our hearts can only be satisfied in Jesus. Just give me Jesus! Amen

No comments: