Monday, September 15, 2008

Shout of Faith

Promise of the Day:
And when you hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout;
and the wall of the city shall fall down flat,
and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him. (Joshua 6:5)

Prayer:
Lord, it was not the 'shout' that caused the wall to fall, but the act of faith. You had told the Children of Israel that Jericho already belonged to them, so they had the 'hope' of victory. Just as I have the 'hope' of Glory, but before I get there I am to follow You and be willing to fulfill Your work here. What You say You will do. "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Heb. 11:1) Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. Thank You Lord! My hope, my faith, is in You. Amen

No comments: