Monday, October 13, 2008

True Meekness

Promise of the Day:
I can of mine own self do nothing; as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
(John 5:30)

Prayer:
Dearest Lord Jesus, You who are the life in me, I bow before You today and seek to do Your will. When You were on earth in the body of a man, You yielded Your all to the Father. You did nothing of Your own self but always the will of the Father. Yet You also were one with the Father, equal to the Father. If You were so willing to yield to the Father's will, then so much more should I be to yield to Your will. It is in yielding that I will have strength. In yielding I shall inherit all You desire for me. In yielding Your Grace shall be sufficient for me. I delight to yield to You. Amen

No comments: