Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Overcomers

Promise of the Day:
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Rev. 12:11)

Prayer:
Lord, to each of the seven churches in the first part of Revelation, You tell them to be 'overcomers'. To all it is to "he who overcomes" You will give certain blessings. He will eat of the Tree of Life; he will not have the second death; he will receive the white stone and a new name. The overcomer will be clothed in white; will have a place in the temple of God; and the last is that the Overcomer will share Christ's Throne. All I have to do to be an Overcomer is to 'open the door' of my heart and let You in, give Your Spirit control of my life, and through You I can conquer all. When once I give You control of my 'self-life', sin will have no more dominion. Love will shine through and Your work will go forward. It is by the 'blood of the lamb' that I will be an "Overcomer'. Amen

No comments: