Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Abba, Father

Promise of the Day:
You did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. (Rom 8:15,16)

Prayer:
Father, Father, My very own Father! You are Holy; hallowed and holy is Your name. And You have accepted me as Your child, a joint heir with Christ! This is all so very incomprehensible! Because I am unable to believe this in my finite self, You have given me the Spirit to give witness to my spirit, and He assures me I am Your child. Verse 17 of Romans 8 goes on to say that we also must share in Christ's suffering if we are to share in His Glory. This is only in this present life, and even here You never leave me and I can cry out "Father, my Father!" Amen

No comments: