Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sin Vs. Sins

Promise of the Day:
For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. (II Corinthians 5:21)

Prayer:
Lord, Had I never done an 'act' of sin, I still have the 'sin nature' inside of me as part of my heredity. It is this heredity that You died for. Oswald Chambers explains it best in his book "My Utmost for His Highest": "The revelation of the Bible is not that Jesus Christ took upon Himself our fleshly sins, but that He took upon Himself the heredity of sin which no man can touch." All I have to do is accept the price You paid. Accept Your Redemption. Go back to the Cross. It is taking this heavy burden on my back to the Cross, and leaving it there. You are my Redeemer, my Savior. It is truly 'The Old Rugged Cross' and what You did there that makes the difference! Amen

No comments: