Sunday, October 12, 2008

Temple of God

Promise of the Day:
In him the whole building is joined together
and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.
And in him you too are being built together
to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
(Ephesians 2:21,22 NIV)

Prayer:
"Know ye not that you are a temple of the Holy Spirit?" What a sobering thought, dear Lord. Not only are all believers joined together by the Holy Spirit, comprising the church, but I am as an individual a dwelling place. The Spirit dwells within ME. And since He is the Spirit of the Father, and the Spirit of the Son, I have the fullness of the Godhead within me. The Trinity! So the Trinity, and me, that makes a 'foursome'. I am one with the Trinity! What Grace! What Amazing Grace! I fall on my knees before You, O Holy Lord! Amen

No comments: