Friday, October 17, 2008

Comforter, Teacher and Helper

Promise of the Day:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,...he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
(John 14:26)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, You have given to me a helper, the Holy Spirit, to dwell within me. You told Your disciples that You were going away, but another would come, one who would comfort and help. The Holy Spirit is part of the Triune God, one with the Father, one with the Son. The Holy Spirit is "the Holy Ghost, the Lord and giver of life who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified." This is a quote from one of the ancient creeds, but helps me see the workings of the sweet Holy Spirit. In our verse it promises the Spirit will teach me. So I have a Comforter, a Helper, and a Teacher ready to bless me and guide me through each day. I can do "all things" through Him. Amen

No comments: