Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Future Home

Promise of the Day:
Now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
(Hebrews 11:16)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I do look for a better city. This world is not my home! You have promised and indeed it is true, my citizenship is with You. How can I describe this place, my future home? I Corinthians 2:9 puts it as plainly as possible: "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." So, there is no way our finite minds can even imagine how wonderful it will be. One thing I do know is that I will "awake in Your likeness", and I shall see You face to face! I shall hear Your voice! I can not even imagine how I will react. I think I will fall on my face and kiss Your feet and thank You for giving me eternal life! One day, when I reach my future home, and I see Your face, I will say 'it has been worth it all'. Amen

No comments: