Thursday, October 2, 2008

Strength for the Needy

Promise of the Day:
For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is like a storm against the wall. (Isaiah 25:4)

Prayer:
O Lord, Your promises are so great. No matter what the day brings You bring me the strength to face it. This You have proved to me over and over as I have been traveling down this road of life. As I read through the Old Testament, I am reminded how You gave strength to each of Your saints. Jeremiah said he was too young; Moses said he could not speak. Jehoshaphat was afraid and he sought You. He was promised the battle was the Lord's and You gave him strength to go forward. You have promised, dear Lord, that if You bring me to something, You will see me through it, through every dark spot, over every stumbling block, around every bend. Yes, even through the final passage of the "valley of death". I can rely on You, You are always with me. Thank You, Lord.
Amen

No comments: