Saturday, August 23, 2008

Faith Without Sight

Promise of the Day:
He went out, not knowing whither he went. (Hebrews 11:8)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, The Christian Life is actually "faith without sight". When we see, it is not faith, but reasoning. You told Thomas "Blessed are they who do not see, yet believe." Every day I get up to face the day, not knowing what that day will bring, but trusting You to see me through it, and I pray that as I surrender each day to You I will do and say what is pleasing to You. When I noticed today's date, the 23rd, I thought of the 23rd Psalm. This Psalm reminds me You are my Shepherd, and You lead me to find green pastures and still waters. I may not know the way I take, but I know the Shepherd who is leading me. I will go forth each day, not knowing, but trusting! Amen

No comments: