Saturday, August 2, 2008

Spiritual Armor(Part I)

Promise of the Day:
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,
with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
and with your feet fitted with the readiness
that comes from the gospel of peace. (Ephesians 6:14,15 NIV)

Prayer:
Lord, to be a good soldier, I must put on Your armor. First is the 'belt of truth'. We think of a belt as something used to hold something up. You hold me up, by Your power and Your Word. You hold me up and keep me from falling.
The 'breastplate' protects the heart. I am protected by You and Your Word, and when the Father sees me, He sees me as righteous because you cover me with Your 'breastplate of righteousness'.
You give me 'Peace'. My feet are covered with the shoes of the gospel of Peace, so that I can carry Your peace to others. With my mind stayed on You, I am covered with Your Truth, Righteousness and Peace. Thank you Lord for helping me stand firm. Amen

No comments: