Friday, August 29, 2008

An Overcomer!

Promise of the Day:
Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory... (I Chronicles 29:11 KJV)

Prayer:
Dearest Lord, I have been reading (again) the letters to the seven churches from Revelation 2 and 3. At the end of each letter it refers to being an "overcomer". To me, an overcomer is one who conquers over Satan and this world. It is one who has accepted You as Savior. Faith is that key to the overcoming life. In John 5:4 it states "...this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith", and in John 16:33 You state that You "have overcome the world". With You in me, I too have the Power to overcome. Thank You for being in me and helping me to be an overcomer. "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."
Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
O glorious victory
That overcomes the world!
(Ira Sankey)
Faith is the victory that overcomes the world! Amen

No comments: