Sunday, August 10, 2008

Who Are You, Lord?

Promise of the Day:
Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. (Psalm 24:9,10)

Prayer:
Lord, Often when I cannot sleep, I go through the alphabet saying names for You. Throughout Scripture there are many verses that have names to describe You. II Samuel 22:2,3 lists several names: You are my rock, my fortress, my deliverer; My God, my shield, the horn of my salvation. You are my stronghold and my salvation; my refuge, my Savior, and You are worthy to be praised! In
I Peter 2:7 You are Precious to me, and the Chief Cornerstone. In I Cor 1:24 it states you are the power of God and the wisdom of God. You are all these, and yet You care for me! Your desire is to me. O Lord, how great thou art!
Amen

No comments: