Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Cup

Promise of the Day:
"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (Matthew 26:39)

Prayer:
O the Cup, Lord! That cup that caused Your sweat to be drops of blood on Your brow! What was in that cup? For one thing, I believe that cup contained the sins of the whole world. You took our sin, not merely to carry it as a burden, but you drank it so it became one with You. I also believe the bitterness of the Cup was that You were then separated from the Father. God cannot look on sin and You became 'sin'. It was a point in time when sin and God would clash, and God had to turn away. Yet You continued Your task until You could cry "It is Finished". O how You love, Lord! You gave of Yourself so that I might live! O how You loved ME! Love so amazing, so Divine! Amen

No comments: