Monday, August 11, 2008

Hour of Need

Promise of the Day:
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
(Jeremiah 17:14)

Prayer:
You, O Lord, are the Great Healer. You are always just waiting for me to call on You. In the allegory of 'Hinds Feet in High Places' all Much-Afraid had to do was call out the name of the Shepherd and he was there. I know You never do actually leave me, yet when I call, You let Your presence be made known. It is as though my call removes a barrier that has come between us. It triggers the nerve that moves Your mighty arm. In Isaiah 40, vs. 9 it says to 'lift up your voice' and verse 10 states 'behold the Lord God will come with might.' Then verse 11 says He is like a shepherd and in His arms he will gather His lambs. What a great God! O Lord, how great Thou art to hear my weakest call and answer. Amen

No comments: