Thursday, February 14, 2008

To My Valentine

Promise:
I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me. (Song of Sol. 7:20)
I am his. (Song of Sol. 2:16)

Prayer:
Lord, I have learned to love the book of the Song of Solomon in these past few years, as I see it to be about the love-relationship between us, You and me. You are the one 'whom my soul loves.' (1:7) 'I held on to Him and would not let Him go' (3:4). You see me as lovely and beautiful (6:4) and even perfect (vs 9). And the verse I see as Abounding Grace is 6:3, 'I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.' You have covered me with Your love (2:4) and made me perfect in Your eyes. I sit in Your shade and take delight! (2:3). And to sum it all from
Gal. 2:20, 'The Son of God...loved me and gave Himself for me.' There is no greater love than this! Thank you, Jesus, I love You. Amen

No comments: