Thursday, February 28, 2008

Going Deep

Promise:
Launch out into the deep. (Luke 5:4)

Prayer:
How deep can one go in learning of You, Lord? Perhaps I don't have the ability to go so deep, though I would like to, Lord. I would like to go to the very depths in learning the things of God. Oh the quietness, the peace, the stillness one could find there, far below the surface of the world and the rushing of life. No matter how fierce the storm, in the depths of the deep all is quiet. Your presence would totally encompass me. Perhaps this is how my dear sister, Ruth, felt when a couple of days before her soul took flight, she said that the presence of God filled heaven, and she could feel it all around her. She no longer had fear, only peace. Oh the Peace that Jesus gives. Show me, Lord, how to launch out into the deep, thru God's Word, with the Spirit guiding, opening the way, totally immersing me in the things of God. Amen

No comments: