Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Strength

Promise:
You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. Oh turn to me, and have mercy on me. Give Your strength to Your servant and save the son (daughter) of Your maidservant. ( Psalm 86:15,16)

Prayer:
O Lord, you know all about me. You knew me before the foundations of the world. I don't understand this, but your Word states it. You know my frame, and how weak I am spiritually. Yet you are moved with compassion, and You have said that You are my strength. One way you give me strength is by what you told Peter in Mark 14:38,..."Watch and pray..." If I will keep my gaze upon You and pray without ceasing, I will not fall into temptation, and I will have strength when the trials come. You are my strength and my salvation. Amen

No comments: