Saturday, February 9, 2008

For His Sake

Promise:
I, even I, am he who blotteth out thy transgressions FOR MINE OWN SAKE, and will not remember thy sins. (Isaiah 43:25)
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it....(Isaiah 48:11a)

Prayer:
Lord, I know these verses have impressed me before as I have already marked them in my Bible, but they have given me a renewed thrill to see these words again--"I am the one who wipes out your transgressions FOR MY OWN SAKE. And in Isa. 48:11 You repeat it twice for emphasis. YOU refine me, YOU test me, not to make ME look good, but so YOU will have pleasure in me. I don't really understand this, Lord, but it is for Your sake You chose me, and chose to have me praise You. For YOUR sake You have made me righteous, otherwise I could never be with You in Glory. For YOUR sake You are merciful to all of mankind, not willing that any should perish. It's not at all about me, dear Lord, it's all about YOU. Thank You Jesus. Amen

No comments: