Saturday, February 16, 2008

Psalm 37

Promise:
"Fret Not Thyself..." (Psa. 37:1)

Prayer:
Psalm 37 is to me a wonderful example of how You, Lord, give me a command, and then show me how it can be done. You begin with the command that I am not to fret, then right away in verses 3, 4 & 5 You tell me how to keep from fretting.
1. Trust in You
2. Delight myself in You
3. Commit my way to You
4. Rest in You
Then through the rest of the Psalm You remind me that You will sustain me (vs. 17) and You know my days. Verse 23 shows me my steps are established by You, and verse 24 tells me You hold my hand. Verse 25 reminds me I have been young and now am old, but You have never let me down. In closing, verses 39 and 40 show me You are my salvation, my strength, and I take refuge in You. It is easy to not fret when You show me how it can be done. Thank you, Lord.
Amen

No comments: