Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Lost Sheep

Promise:
What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninty-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. (Matt. 18:12-14 NIV)

Prayer:
Lord, here is the story of the lost sheep. I think of it so often. How like that lost sheep was my own life. I was safe in the fold but felt that other pastures looked greener and I wandered away. Yet You found me, You reached forth Your nail-scarred hands and picked me up. You placed me between Your shoulders and carried me. Now I go with You, my Jeses. You lead me in the straight path. You are my guide, my rear-guard, and my Shepherd-King. Amen

No comments: