Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Morning Star

Promise:
Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, ...lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!

Prayer:
You are my Morning Star, Lord. I keep watching the sky for your appearance. When I prepare for guests I clean my house and prepare a meal. Then I keep checking out the window, watching for them. This is what You are telling me here. Prepare for Your arrival, listen for Your 'shout'; listen for the trump of God, for you are coming soon! You, my morning star, will come bounding from the heavens as a hind upon the mountains, calling me up to You. Night is far past, morning has come with the brightness of Your light chasing away the shadows of fear and darkness. I am Watching, Lord! Amen

No comments: