Tuesday, February 26, 2008

His Grace

Promise:
My Grace is sufficient for thee. (II Cor. 12:9)

Prayer:
Lord, as You know, I like to take some verses word by word to glean as much meaning as possible from that verse. This verse yields itself to that , with the first word being MY. This is You talking, so You are saying it is YOUR Grace. This encompasses so much--as though the ocean would tell a little fish to drink away, its waters were sufficient for it. Or of Joseph telling a little mouse to eat up, his granaries were sufficient for him. It is Yours to give and it will never run out.
MY Grace is sufficient for thee.
The next word is GRACE. It is by Your Grace I have been saved. Grace is unmerited favor given to me. You have many ways to bless me with your Power and Love, but then there is Grace. First and foremost is Grace!
My GRACE is sufficient for thee.
'IS' is an important word, even though it is a very small word. It shows that at this very moment your Grace is available and sufficient. Not yesterday, but now is too late. Not tomorrow if I am good enough. But right now! "Is" is present tense.
My Grace IS sufficient for thee.
And last but not least is the word 'THEE', changing it to "ME". For Your Grace is available and sufficient for ME at anytime. I have but to lean over on You. It is Your Grace that saved me; it is your Grace that keeps me in the straight path. So Lord:
Your Grace is sufficient for ME!
Thank You, Lord, for Your Grace, Your amazing Grace! Amen

No comments: