Thursday, January 1, 2009

He Stands Between the Years

Promise of the Day:
"I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Prayer:
Holy Lord, You are all I need as we begin this new year. As Moses said in Ex. 33, if Your presence does not go with me then I do not want to move on. But You have promised Your presence to go with me. And today as we stand on the brink of the New Year, Your light is shining ahead to guide my steps, and You cast Your shadow over the past year covering all the heartaches, mistakes, or failures that have been in my life. So, forgetting the past I will press on to the goal, looking to You, my guide, to light my path, and afterward You will receive me to glory (Psa 73:24). Praise Your Name, O Holy Lord! Amen

No comments: