Saturday, January 10, 2009

'Feeling' Your Presence

Promise of the Day:
"Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are truth."
(Psalm 119:151)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, I thank You that Your nearness, Your very presence does not rely on how I 'feel'. When I have been very low, the shadows very deep, the darkness as a veil, then I must just trust. You have said You are near, Your presence goes with me and You are God so You cannot lie. No matter how I 'feel' or what my circumstances, You have given Your promise. While 'feeling' is nice, the 'knowing' is best. As I face a new year, I say with Moses, if Your presence does not go with me I do not care to go forward, but You have promised; therefore I can face a new year one day at a time. You are one with me as we go forward. Your word is truth. Amen

No comments: