Thursday, January 8, 2009

Keep the Lion Away

Promise of the Day:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist steadfast in the faith.
(I Peter 5:8,9)

Prayer:
Oh Lord, Reading this verse could put fear in my heart. Satan is alive and well and seeking anyone who is vulnerable. He looks for the weak spots, he waits until we are physically weak, or despondent. If I do not keep my thoughts on You, my own fleshly nature will give him weak spots as targets. He will see my fear, he will know if I am lonely and jump on that, or put doubt in my heart. O Lord, You have said that perfect love casts out fear. Your love for me IS perfect. Your love is so great I can not explain it, and it is that love that keeps the lion away. "O love that will not let me go." Amen

No comments: