Monday, January 12, 2009

My Faithful Lord

Promise of the Day:
"...See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands."
(Isaiah 49:16)

Prayer:
Lord, this verse has always impressed me. I am not sure if you have actually inscribed my name on your hand, or perhaps it is the scars that are in Your hands. These scars You will have throughout eternity, and they were put there for ME. You are the Lamb slain, worthy to receive honor and glory and power. You bought me with a price, Your life. You will never leave me (Joshua 1:5). Deuteronomy 7:9 states You are the "faithful God", and Zeph. 3:17 states You rejoice over me. The fact that You 'rejoice over me' is a 'wow' thought! It goes on to say You rejoice with gladness and singing. O Lord, You are faithful and Your promises are true and I am secured and guided by Your faithful Word.
Amen

No comments: