Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Come As a Child

Promise of the Day:
"Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." (Mark 10:15)

Prayer:
The Joy of the Lord is Your strength (Neh. 8:10). Lord, to have Your Joy in me is in itself a renewal of my spirit. A child is easily renewed. A child is eager to learn; a child does not hold grudges. A child looks to the parent for his needs to be met; a child will often reflect the attitude of the parent. Joy and strength will be passed on to that child. So it is even more so with You and me, Lord. You always have joy, You always have love, and You always have peace. These are attributes which You willingly share with me if I will just accept it as a child would. We think of children as weak, and You say Your strength is made perfect in my weakness. So I wait upon You, dear Lord. I willingly seek to be like Jesus, to love, live and laugh with my Lord. Amen

No comments: