Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Out in the Fields

Promise of the Day:
And Isaac went out to meditate
in the field at the eventide.
(Genesis 24:63)

Prayer:
Dearest Lord, There is no time more profitably spent than that which is spent with you in quiet musing, or talking with You. It is important to be often and alone with You. Isaac went into the field. I have a time early in the morning usually before daylight, while all is still quiet. It is a time for renewal of my soul. It is a time when I learn what You have told us in Your Word. It is the time of reflection and setting new goals. It is the time when You lead me beside still waters, and prepare me for the future, whatever it may bring. And then I can leave my 'field' and cares behind and face a new day with Joy. I don't know who wrote this little thought, but it fits here:
The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday,
Out in the fields with God.
A walk through the fields, a saunter through a meadow, or a quiet time beside the fire early in the morning, will purge me and give me new joy & hope. Amen

No comments: