Monday, December 15, 2008

My Goal is God

Promise of the Day:
Ye servants of the Lord, which by night stand in the house of the Lord.
The Lord that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.
(Psalm 134:1,3)

Prayer:
When I come to a stumbling block in the road, or cannot see around the bend; when there is darkness all around and winter of my life is upon me, then I will lift up my hands to You and Praise Your name, O Lord! In reading the book of Job, I see that though he groans as his outward man is decaying, he will not say one word against You. He says even if You 'slay him' he will trust in You. My goal is You, Lord. No matter what is in the way, my head is bent as I press on toward You until I reach Glory!
My goal is God Himself, not joy, not peace,
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God;
'Tis His to lead me there, not mine, but His--
"At any cost, dear Lord, by any road!"
(unknown)
Amen

No comments: