Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Gift of God

Promise of the Day:
God has given us eternal life,
and this life is in His Son. (I John 5:11)

Prayer:
Lord, My Savior,
You died for me that I might have life, and this life through You can be abundant! You did not have Your life taken from You, You gave it so that I will never die. As it states in John 10:18, "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. ..." Now as we come to this Christmas season, we think of the miracle of Your birth, yet it was the Christ of the Cross that brings us life and redemption. There is a song I've sung in the past that says 'the babe in the manger could never have done the work of His God on High...' but it is the Christ of the Cross that gives us the gift of life. It is this life and this gift that keeps on giving. Amen

No comments: