Monday, January 11, 2010

YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

When we pray, our petitions should always be according to God's divine will. And just what is the will of God?

In II Peter 3:9, we are told what it is NOT. He is NOT willing to have any man perish. In Romans it says that "the wages of sin is death", and that "all have sinned". To prevent our having to pay the wages of sin, Jesus took the form of man and died in our place for our sins. If a man perishes it is because the free gift held out to him was not taken. John 6:40 states: "And this is the will of Him that sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes on Him, may have everlasting life..."

In the Old Testament it is stressed several times that God's will is for us to love Him, and to serve Him with all our heart and with all our soul. (Deut. 10:12; Deut 6:5; Micah 6:8)

When we pray we should accept in advance the will of God, knowing it would always be what is right. I John 2:17 states "The world is passing away and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever."

Someone has said "Knowing God's Will is relatively simple--doing God's will is where we struggle."

My Prayer:
Lord, I feel I wasted a lot of years because I did not understand your will. I thought to do Your will was to go to a foreign field, or do something spectacular. Since I have been reading my Bible over and over, and spending time with You each day, I find that that may have come for me in time. But first I needed to learn what Your WILL is, as found in Deuteronomy 10:12: "...to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart." And in Matthew 22:37 Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind." This is Your greatest will for me and the rest will fall into place. I ask forgiveness for not finding it sooner. When I act upon this, then I will love others and seek to reflect You in all I do. May I glorify You, my Savior and my God. Amen

No comments: