Monday, August 3, 2009

Praise to the Son

In Colossians 1:15 we find out who Jesus is: "He is the visible likeness of the unseen God (the visible representation of the invisible." When Jesus was on earth in human form, He did not hesitate to use a plural form when speaking of Himself along with the Father and the Spirit, yet He states that He and the Father are One (John 10:30). Mark 1:10,11 gives us a picture of the plural Godhead. "And when He (Jesus) came up out of the water, at once he (John) saw the heavens torn open and the (Holy) Spirit like a dove coming down (to enter) into Him. And there came a voice out from within heaven, You are My Beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."
John 1:14 states "The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of Grace and Truth."
When the Nicene Creed was written it was to give a Statement of Faith honoring Christ's Deity and His claim to equality with God:
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
The only begotten Son of God,
Begotten of Him before all ages,
God of God, Light of Light,
Very God of Very God,
Begotten, not made,
Being of one Substance with the Father,
By whom all things were made.
My Prayer:
Jesus, Lord, Raboni, Begotten of the Father, Our Bright and Morning Star, Immanuel--God with us! You are the Lamb that was slain! You are the King of Kings! I bow before you, Lord; I am not worthy to touch the hem of Your garments--yet You have made me clean, You have covered me with Your righteousness. Without You I am nothing; without You I cannot do anything. Without You how lost I would be! I worship You and I adore You! "Jesus", what a beautiful Name! Amen
1. The Knowledge of the Holy by Tozer
2. The Holy Bible (Amplified Version)
3. The heart of CC

No comments: