Wednesday, January 30, 2008

No Pain, No Gain

Promise:
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word. It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. Psalm 119:67 and 71

Prayer:
Lord, You have heard the phrase "no pain, no gain" which is often one we humans quip regarding our physical bodies. I think it can also be applied to our spiritual lives. It is during the hard times, the painful times that I have learned to cling to you. When I have thought I was sinking, I have called out to you! I wish this was not always so, but just as the Psalmist states: "Before I was afflicted I went astray...". Lord, you know what is best, your thoughts for me are of peace. You would that I be strong and healthy spiritually. I bow before You and say 'Thy will be done.'
Amen

No comments: