Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Year--New Beginnings

Promise: The land whither ye go to possess it is a land of hills and valleys and drinketh water of the rain of heaven: a land which the Lord thy God careth for: the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year evcn unto the end of the year.

Deuteronomy 11:11-12



This is a wonderful thought, Lord--You are with me from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year. Its really just another day, sunrise, sunset, and yet its the first day of 2008. We think of a new year as one of New Beginnings, time to make changes, have new goals. It is also a time when I wonder what new sorrows, what new heartaches. Yet one thing remains the same, and that is Your Faithfulness! You lead me even on paths I do not know--and from Deut 11:12, "from the beginning of the year unto the end of the year." Thank you for being my one constant all year long. Amen

No comments: