Monday, June 15, 2009

Do You Know Me?

There was a time when I felt I was only one of a large assembly to the Lord. Though I knew Him and accepted His payment for my sin, yet I saw myself as a 'face in the crowd', probably on the back row. How could God know me individually?

This is not how it is, however. I have found many verses to show me that I am very significant to God. He even knows me by name! We can take comfort in knowing that He knows my frame. He knows I am dust (Psalm 103:14). In Genesis 2:7 it is stated that "The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the 'breath of life'..." Psalm 139 states that "my frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret. Your eyes saw my substance being yet unformed." Acts 7:28 states that "In Him we live and move and have our being." My life exists and continues existing because of the Lord.

In John, when Jesus likens Himself to the Shepherd, and we as His sheep, He states that "He calls His sheep by name...(10:3). I really like Isaiah 46:3 & 4 where it says "You have been borne by Me from birth...even to your old age..." Isaiah 49:16 states "I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands."

You see, I am special to the Lord, and You are special to Him, too! He loves each of us individually with an 'everlasting love'. And here is the marvelous thing from I john 4:15, "...God abides in him (her) and he(she) abides in Him!"

There is none like You, O Lord. You are such an awesome God! Amen

From the heart of CC

No comments: