Monday, July 13, 2009

Place of Help

THE PLACE OF HELP by Oswald Chambers

The Holy Spirit in me makes me a passionate, devoted, absorbed lover of the Lord Jesus Christ. Lives are changed, not by 'baptism' of the Holy Spirit, but power of the ascended Christ coming into men's lives by the Holy Spirit.

Paul (as we should be) is so absorbed with Jesus that he does not think of himself apart from this marvellous identification with Jesus Christ. It is closer than a union, it is a oneness illustrated by the vine and the branches.

John 15:4 and 5
". . .As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing."

1. "My Utmost for His Highest"
2. The New Scofield Reference Bible
3. The heart of CC

No comments: